Thursday, January 22, 2009
If robots then no money!?
I most likely should be getting ready for class and driving down to Dearborn but I feel like I should write this out now. My friend got me into a really interesting discussion about the money system and that it is doomed to fail. His entire argument was based around if we implement robots we can then remove jobs from nearly everything and thus we don't have to have money to pay for the things made by robots. Then everything would just be free! Sounds great right? Well this is not possible because we have limited resources we can't hand out anything for free and in any unlimited amount. It just does not work. Anyway now I need to get ready for school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
it seriously makes more sense if you actually watch the movie. seriously. yes it sounds like a utopia that seems as impractical and impossible as plato's republic, but it'd still be really cool if it does happen. think about this: quite a few groups believed the world will end in 2012, 3 years from now. the world itself might not end, but perhaps the world as we know it. something big is going to happen
ReplyDeleteThat is quite possible but the chance of the world just ending because of the year change really isn't plausible. Then again things might change big time in that year who knows. I just doubt that robots will take over all the work of society and we can live in a money free world.
ReplyDelete